Research Topics Team Leader: Biomedical Sciences preferred - OA Publishing
Frontiers is an open access academic publisher based in Switzerland. Our mission is to revolutionize research communication through innovation in every aspect of peer-reviewed publishing.
The Commissioning Team Leader, within the Research Topics Team, is responsible for overseeing the training and development of 6 to 8 direct reports. The direct reports are in charge of commissioning Research Topics for the following journals – Cell and Infection Microbiology, Endocrinology, Oncology, and Immunology. The Commissioning Team Leader will also work in conjunction with others throughout the company to develop new commissioning strategies for these journals and ensure that they are successful in meeting their 2019 Research Topic targets.
The Commissioning Team Leader helps ensure team efficiency, and is the first point of contact for Research Topic specialists in the Lausanne office. Responsibilities include one on one meetings with their direct reports, supporting specialists with their strategies, leading group meetings which stimulate discussion and critical thinking, and liaising with their manager regarding any issues. They are responsible for helping all Specialists within their team to maintain a healthy pipeline, in order to ensure growth within their respective portfolios, and meet assigned targets.
- Line manager for Research Topic specialists located in Lausanne, and is responsible for their training and development.
- Reaching agreed Research Topic targets for the assigned journals and assisting all Specialists in their team to do the same.
- Reporting to line manager on results and challenges, actively proposing solutions as well as working closely with the manager towards the team’s target as defined by upper management.
- Establishing close collaborations with the program and journal managers to keep them informed of Research Topic initiatives and seeking their input and feedback as needed.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Master’s degree, or Bachelor’s with previous relevant work in STM publishing required
- An outgoing, collaborative and professional personality
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced, target-driven environment
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills
- People management skills
- Previous experience managing a target driven team preferred