Editorial Internship - Physical Sciences and Engineering program
We are seeking three enthusiastic people to join the Physical Sciences and Engineering team as part of our Editorial Internship program, to support the following journal portfolios:
- Frontiers in Earth Science and Frontiers in Built Environment
- Frontiers in Robotics & AI and Frontiers in ICT
- Frontiers in Chemistry and Frontiers in Materials
The paid, full-time internship positions in our Lausanne office will last for six months, with the potential to extend to permanent positions, based on performance assessment. The roles will provide the successful candidates with an excellent opportunity to learn about the rapidly changing environment in academic publishing and be involved in expanding the operations of rapidly growing, open access journals.
Under the supervision of a Journal Development Manager and working closely with other editorial staff, the selected candidates will be given responsibilities and hands-on experience focusing on content acquisition and editorial board relationships.
- Must have a relevant background to one of the journal areas above (graduate or post-graduate).
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills are required, and previous experience in science communication is an advantage
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and be comfortable working with challenging deadlines
- Commitment to achieving targets, with a pro-active and resilient personality
- Fluency in written and spoken English (mandatory)
The position will be located in our Lausanne office, with the possibility of becoming a fixed position after six months. Applicants must be Swiss or EU citizen, or have a valid Swiss work permit for the duration of the contract.
Your application should include:
1. Cover letter and resume (as DOC or PDF) in English only
2. Indication of your earliest availability
3. A 200 word summary on the following - "In your opinion, what are the most significant flaws of the Impact Factor and the consequences of these flaws?"
4. Clear confirmation of Swiss or EU citizenship, or current possession of a valid Swiss work permit