We are looking for a dynamic and creative Communications Specialist to write and produce compelling and innovative science communications across a range of platforms to help translate Frontiers’ high-caliber research into stories that reach a broad audience, and to support our marketing team develop sharp and inspiring corporate communications materials.
Already recognized as a leader in the Open Science movement, Frontiers is looking to use world-class, cutting edge science and corporate communications to take its open science messages to the next level.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Communications, and working closely with the Frontiers Editorial team, the Communications Specialist will:
- Manage the Frontiers science writing process from beginning to end, conceptualizing, writing and editing science communications materials including blogs, press releases and content for social media platforms, ensuring that all outputs are high quality and accurate
- Support the marketing team in developing high quality and compelling corporate communications materials
- Coordinate a small team of freelance writers
- Undertake other tasks as directed by the Head of Marketing and Communications
- University degree in Communication, Journalism, or 3-5 years professional work experience in communications, an agency, print or broadcast media
- A strong editorial background and passion for storytelling, with the ability to identify the most compelling and appropriate stories and methods for telling them
- A top-class writer and editor, who can turn their hand to any kind of material with great effect and due respect for academic rigor
- Someone who genuinely enjoys engaging with scientists and the topics they research
- Needs to demonstrate a rich, varied body of work that shows the ability to think across multimedia platforms, to experiment with new media and to never sacrifice quality or accuracy
- Ability to handle multiple assignments with competing deadlines and to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- English native speaker or equivalent with a demonstrated ability to write and edit across multiple styles and formats at a high level
- SEO experience an asset
How to Apply:
The position will be located in our Lausanne office.
Your application should include:
- A cover letter and resume (as DOC or PDF) in English only;
- Two samples of published writing;
- The indication of your earliest availability;
- Clear confirmation of Swiss or EU citizenship, or current possession of a valid Swiss work permit.