Editorial Internship - Frontiers in Psychology
We are seeking an enthusiastic person to join the Frontiers in Psychology team as part of our Editorial Internship program.
The paid, full-time internship position in our Lausanne office will last for six months, with the potential to extend to a permanent position, based on performance assessment. It will provide the successful candidate with an excellent opportunity to learn about the rapidly changing environment in academic publishing and be involved in expanding the operations of a highly successful, busy academic journal.
Under the supervision of a Journal Development Manager and working closely with other editorial staff, the selected candidate will be given responsibilities and hands-on experience focusing on content acquisition and editorial board relationships.
- Must possess at least a BSC/BA degree (MSc, MA, or PhD)
- A plus if relevant background is in Psychology or related areas (graduate or post-graduate)
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills are required, and previous experience in science communication is an advantage
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and be comfortable working with challenging deadlines
- Commitment to achieving targets, with a pro-active and resilient personality
- Fluency in written and spoken English (mandatory)
How to apply
The position will be located in our Lausanne office, with the possibility of becoming a fixed position after six months. Applicants must be Swiss or EU citizen, or have a valid Swiss work permit for the duration of the contract.
Your application should include:
1. Cover letter and resume (as DOC or PDF) in English only
2. Indication of your earliest availability
3. A 200 word summary on the following - "In your opinion, what are the most significant flaws of the Impact Factor and the consequences of these flaws?"
4. Clear confirmation of Swiss or EU citizenship, or current possession of a valid Swiss work permit