Business Planning Analyst
The Business Planning analyst supports the Planning Manager, through the target setting, planning, performance monitoring and decision support to deliver our 5-year goals and objectives.
This position works with the Editorial Office, Production Office and all the support functions to maintain and improve their performance by: providing management information for decision support, control, and tracking.
- Drives the 5-year goals and objectives. Leads the implementation of targets, identifies key business risks, issues, and drivers, including headcount and how it feeds to the business plans
- With the line managers, manages quarterly targets, rolling forecasts and quarterly reporting processes
- Works with line managers to identify options and risks, taking appropriate action to deliver against targets
- Produces management reports including variance analysis for line managers and the leadership
- Supports the development of department-wide measurement processes that maximizes the use of information and data
- Leads and monitors improvement initiatives in line with 5-year goals and objectives
- Requires a bachelor's degree and 3 – 6 years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience in planning, reporting and analysis of business units.
- Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills. Proficient in analytical and organizational skills. Strong in stakeholder management, negotiation, and coaching.
- Advance level in Excel (formulas, pivot tables)
- Ability to lead and direct the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Background in open access publishing, LEAN/Six Sigma, a plus