Content Acquisition Regional Lead
We are looking for an outgoing person with experience in content acquisition, or scholarly publishing and sales, to oversee our team of 2-3 Research Topics specialists located in the London office. The successful candidate will ensure team efficiency, and will be the first point of contact for all Research Topic team members in the London office. Responsibilities as Regional Lead will include one on one meetings, and helping direct reports to think critically about strategy to ensure growth within their respective portfolios, and responsibility for reaching targets in assigned journals.
Additionally, the Research Topic Team Lead will also be responsible for building Research Topics proposal within a small journal portfolio and facilitates the Research Topic evaluation process for Chief Editors.
- Line manager for all Research Topic team members located in London (2-3), and responsible for their training and development;
- Reaching targets for the assigned journals and assisting and supporting all Research Topic team members;
- Reporting to the Research Topic Team Manager on results and challenges, actively proposing solutions to achieve team’s targets;
- Represent Frontiers at conferences and events;
- Communicating with high level researchers to engage them in discussion regarding potential editorial projects;
- Establishing close collaborations with Editorial staff to keep them informed of Research Topic initiatives and seeking their input and feedback as needed.
- Communicating with Chief Editors regarding the evaluation of Research Topic proposals and communicating any feedback to the proposing editors;
- Building relationships with key universities and institutes, in order to engage them in the Research Topic project.
- Prior experience managing a target driven team;
- Prior experience in academic publishing, including content/special issue acquisition;
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English;
- An outgoing, collaborative and professional personality;
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced, target-driven environment;
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills;
How to apply
Please submit your application in English. Your application should include:
1. A cover letter and resume (as DOC or PDF);
2. The indication of your earliest availability;
Applicants must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
Without CV and cover letter in English, applicants will not be considered. Agencies must first contact email@example.com and confirm agreement to our T&C’s, failing which any exclusivity and/or candidate representation right will be considered to be waived.