Production Assistant Internship
We are seeking enthusiastic applicants for the position of Production Assistant. This paid, full-time internship position in our Lausanne office will last for six months, and will provide the successful candidate with an excellent opportunity to learn about the production processes of a rapidly growing open access publisher, and to be involved in the operations of academic journals.
This position requires a sociable, professional attitude, and the ability to quickly and accurately manage large volumes of information.
Possibility to be hired after the internship in our London office.
- Manage all phases of the production process (copyediting, formatting, proofing, validating online PDF and XML/HTML formats),
- Ensuring articles are produced in a timely and efficient manner, while maintaining high quality standards.
- Maintain tracking sheets with data relevant to production of journal(s).
- Work closely with a team of coordinators, and web producers.
- Support authors via email
- Oversee the functionality of the website while executing the above tasks and working closely with the IT team to resolve possible problems
Desired Skills & Experience
- Attentive to fine details
- Strong MS Office skills (word, excel, etc).
- Experience in mark-up languages, Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop and InDesign is a plus, but are not required.
- Publishing or editing experience is a plus, but not essential
- Excellent English spoken and writing skills (native speakers are a plus, but not a must)
- Team player
- Knowledgeable about the internet
The position will be located in our Lausanne office, with the possibility of it becoming a fixed position in our London office after six months. Applicants must have an existing right to live and work in the EU and the UK. Your application should include:
1. cover letter and resume (as DOC or PDF) in English only
2. The indication of your earliest availability.