Research Topic Specialist - Frontiers in Psychology
We are looking for an outgoing person with a scientific background in psychology, or a related field, to execute editorial initiatives for 'Frontiers in Psychology' aimed at journal growth. These full-time position in our Lausanne or London office, will provide the successful candidates the opportunity to work in a stimulating, fast-paced work environment with an innovative scholarly publisher.
Collaborating closely with the journal teams, the successful candidates will build close relationships with high-level researchers engaging them to organize editorial projects and supporting the development of their editorial project proposals.
Research Topics are themed article collections encompassing recent advancements on a focused research area, organized by leading researchers (for more information see http://www.frontiersin.org/about/RTGuidelines).
- Reaching out to high level researchers to engage them in discussion regarding potential editorial projects;
- Communicating with researchers via phone and email to explain the Research Topic project;
- Assisting researchers in developing strong Research Topic proposals;
- Representing Frontiers at conferences and events;
- Communicating with Chief Editors regarding the evaluation of Research Topic proposals and communicating any feedback to the proposing editors;
- Reaching targets for the assigned journals.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English;
- An outgoing, collaborative and professional personality;
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced, target-driven environment;
- Higher Education background (Master’s degree or PhD preferred) ;
- Prior experience in academic publishing or content acquisition (preferred).
How to apply
Please submit your application in English. Your application should include:
1. A cover letter and resume (as DOC or PDF);
2. The indication of your earliest availability;
Applicants must have an existing right to live and work in the EU (Schengen area).
Without CV and cover letter in English, applicants will not be considered. Agencies must first contact firstname.lastname@example.org and confirm agreement to our T&C’s, failing which any exclusivity and/or candidate representation right will be considered to be waived.