Editorial Internship - Collaborative Peer Review Team
We are seeking enthusiastic recent graduates for our Editorial Internship program. This paid, full-time internship position in our Lausanne office will last for six months, with the intention to - pending good results and progress - roll into a fixed position. It will provide the successful candidate with an excellent opportunity to learn about the rapidly changing environment in scientific publishing from an insider’s perspective and be initiated to the operations of academic journals.
Under the supervision of the Review Team Manager, and working closely with other editorial staff, the selected candidate will be given responsibilities and hands-on experience focusing on ensuring a timely review process for all manuscripts submitted to Frontiers by supporting the external academic editors and monitoring adherence to guidelines and policies.
- A sociable, positive, professional attitude, the ability to quickly and accurately manage large volumes of information, and to prioritize and react effectively to urgent situations;
- Target and customer oriented with a pro-active and resilient personality;
- Flawless communication in written and spoken English, and professional and courteous telephone manner;
- Must possess at least a BSc/BA degree (MSc, MA, or PhD preferred).
How to apply
The position will be located in our Lausanne office, with the possibility of it becoming a fixed position after six months. Applicants must be Swiss or EU citizen, or have a valid Swiss work permit for the duration of the contract.
Your application should include:
- Cover letter and resume (as DOC or PDF) in English only;
- Indication of your earliest availability;
- A 200 word summary on the following - "In your opinion, what are the most significant flaws of the Impact Factor and the consequences of these flaws?"