We seek a creative, skilled, humble and innovative UI/UX Designer to join our growing design team in Madrid, Spain. The selected candidate will work on a range of projects with our Design and Product team to turn our software into easy-to-use products. You will be responsible for:
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Designing graphic user interface elements
To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframe tools. If you also have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications, we’d like to meet you.
- Work with the design lead to set deliverables for projects (this role reports to the lead product designer)
- Design and build digital products, including navigation concepts, forms and complex interactions.
- Create original digital designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Develop UI mockups and interactive prototypes that clearly illustrate how products function and look like
- Create intuitive experiences and aesthetically pleasing designs for new or existing features, and back up decisions with research and data where possible
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Knowledge of technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile
- Iterate on design concepts to reflect team feedback and technology constraints, starting from early whiteboard sketches all the way through interactive prototypes and the launched product
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images (DSM)
- Help flesh out and refine our design system
- Work closely with developers to ensure adherence to the team UX vision, mockups, style guidelines, and existing UI components
- 3 + years of professional experience in UX/UI design.
- Exceptional layout, typography, and color theory skills
- A portfolio that showcases solid design projects that demonstrates the ability to understand and address UX challenges with intuitive solutions
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role: real and live projects, a design community portfolio page, or a custom portfolio website. Submissions without these attached will not be considered
- Languages English and Spanish
- Knowledge of wireframe tools
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills: ability to take initiative, prioritize, manage workloads and meet project deadlines
- BSc in Design, Computer Science or relevant field
- Experience in industry standard design tools (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Studio).
- Bonus: HTML / SASS / Basic JS (for advance prototype purposes)
- 25 days' vacation per year and Christmas office closure;
- Participation into the company's annual bonus scheme;
- Professional development opportunities;
- Plenty of social & fun benefits:
- Christmas party, summer barbecue, monthly happy hour;
- Fruits & snacks in the kitchen as well as much tea & coffee as you like;
- In-house well being activities including free weekly yoga;
- A huge variety of self-organized activities from ski trips and football to French club.
How to apply
Please submit your application in English.
Applicants must be Swiss or EU citizen, or have a valid Swiss work permit.