We are looking for an enthusiastic hands-on QA Engineer to join our QA team in Madrid, to help boosting the quality and robustness of our applications. By working at Frontiers you will play a key role in shaping the future of science and academic publishing. You will be joining a thriving company where your contribution will have an immediate effect on the way science is evolving.
What you do
- You map business and technical requirements into test suites, test cases, test scripts and quality control processes, and consistently execute them, reporting and analyzing results in a timely manner
- You conduct post-release testings
- You help our agile development teams to cultivate a quality mindset.
- You monitor all stages of the SDLC to identify and resolve bugs and glitches in order to meet quality standards, assisting in troubleshooting with clients and development teams.
- You understand and evaluate risk factors as they relate to changing requirements.
How you do it
- You review, analyze, test and document system specifications.
- You generate logs to document testing phases and defects.
- You stay up-to-date with new QA testing tools and strategies.
- You collaborate in the creation and maintenance of our automated test infrastructure.
- You help our agile teams in defining the acceptance criteria and definition of ready for their user stories, and incorporating automated test processes/cycles into each sprint.
- You contribute to the overall software quality by ensuring SOLID and testable code.
You will be part of our QA team in Madrid, working integrated in the agile development team that is assigned to you. Supported by a Scrum Master and Product Owner, our agile teams usually work in 2 week sprints.
What we are looking for
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a QA Engineer.
- Knowledge of Quality & Test processes, tools and techniques.
- Experience in automation frameworks.
- Familiarity with Agile framework.
- Previous experience working in T-SQL / C# environments is a real advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, you hold your work to high standards.
- Analytical mind and strong organization and problem-solving skills
- You are willing to Travel to the Frontiers' headquarters in Switzerland occasionally.
- You have good English skills, we are an international company and English is our working language
What we’re offering
- Competitive salary.
- 25 leave days.
- Great work-life balance.
- An office in an awesome location.
- Fresh fruit, snacks and coffee.
- English classes.
- Flexible retribution scheme (nursery cheques, restaurant pass, transportation).
- Team building/sport activities and monthly social events.
- Lots of opportunities to work with exciting technologies and solve challenging problems.
How to apply
Please submit your application in English.
Applicants must be Swiss or EU citizen, or have a valid Swiss work permit.
Agencies must first contact [email protected] and confirm agreement to our T&C’s, failing which any exclusivity and/or candidate representation right will be considered to be waived.