Journal Development/ Editorial Specialist - Launch Team
We are seeking 3 Journal Development Specialists for our London or Lausanne office. The position will provide the successful candidate with an excellent opportunity to experience a career in scientific publishing with an innovative, technology-driven Open Access publisher. Reporting to the Sustainability Project Manager and working closely with other Journal Development Managers in Health, Sustainability, Life Sciences, and/or Physical Sciences and Engineering programs, the position focuses primarily on the launch of new sections/journals and on establishing top quality editorial boards. The successful candidate will have direct access to and regularly communicate with leading researchers around the world to ensure efficient journal content acquisition and editorial board management during the launch of new sections.
- Working closely with different Journal Development Managers to prepare newly identified sections for launch
- Identifying, profiling and reaching out to eminent researchers in different academic areas for Chief Editor positions
- Working with newly appointed Chief Editors to introduce them to Frontiers' policies and assisting them in building and managing high-profile, academic Editorial Boards
- Onboarding new Associate Editors, pooling research proposals, and creating dynamic Editorial Boards for the section launch
- Responsible for all admin tasks ensuring the timely launch of sections online
- Prioritizing every-day tasks effectively in alignment with the overall team goals
- Academic degree in Health, Life Sciences, Sustainability, or Physical Sciences and Engineering
- Related work experience in a commercial or academic environment
- Excellent communication in written and spoken English, including professional and courteous telephone manner and high attention to details.
- Ability to work independently and make thoughtful decisions without constant supervision
- Previous experience with a publisher with demonstrated project management and research experience an asset
- IT Proficiency with MS Office
- Ability to consistently meet tight deadlines and prioritize varied workload under pressure
- Flexibility and ability to work as a team member
Applicants must have an existing right to live and work in the EU (Schengen area).
Your application should include:
1. A cover letter and resume (as DOC or PDF)
2. The indication of your earliest availability
3. A 300 word summary on the following - "How do you see scientific journal publishing in ten years?”