Editorial Program Manager
We are seeking a target-oriented professional for a higher level management position in our Journal Development department as Editorial Program Manager with a focus on the Life Sciences and Biomedical Sciences. The permanent, full-time position in our Lausanne office will lead a program of multiple journals and their teams within a defined scope, responsible for overall journal team performance, staff management, external stakeholder collaboration and editorial office projects.
- Responsible for the growth and development of Frontiers journals within the editorial program and accountable for defining and meeting program targets and objectives.
- Drive program growth and development through editor engagement, article collections and journal/section launches, informed by competitor and market analysis.
- Represent the interests of the program within the company and provide an effective interface with other departments in addition to bringing strategic value to the program.
- Inspire and provide guidance to Journal Development Managers towards top performance. Define, implement and monitor policies/ procedures to ensure program quality.
- Contribute to developing company-wide strategic plans, policies and new initiatives.
- Represent the company in an official role to external stakeholders and at relevant events.
- At least 4 years of experience working in a scholarly publishing house; preferably with a Life Science or Biomedical focus;
- At least 2 years of management experience;
- Project and staff management experience is a strong plus;
- Initiative taking, dynamic and focused personality;
- Preferably a graduate-level degree with a keen interest in dissemination of research;
- Flawless communication in written and spoken English;
- Adept at digesting large amounts of information, and reacting effectively to urgent situations;
- Ability to work independently, be highly organized and meet deadlines;
- Sound and mature judgment; decisive and tactful when working with multiple stakeholders;
- Technical proficiency, with hands-on skills using current software (specifically MS Excel);
- A working knowledge of common social networks and social media platforms;
Application deadline: November 30th