We are looking for an enthusiastic hands-on QA Coordinator that helps us to evolve our QA practice in Madrid, leading the team of QA Engineers to boost the quality and robustness of our applications. By working at Frontiers you will play a key role in shaping the future of science and academic publishing. You will be joining a thriving company where your contribution will have an immediate effect on the way science is evolving.
What you do
- You lead and evolve the QA team, creating a culture of excellence that brings your team to the next maturity level.
- You apply market best practices in coordinating QA activities across several agile teams.
- You help our agile development teams to cultivate a quality mindset.
- You map business and technical requirements into test suites, test cases, test scripts and consistently execute them, reporting and analyzing results in a timely manner
- You monitor all stages of the SDLC to identify and resolve bugs and glitches in order to meet quality standards, assisting in troubleshooting with clients and development teams.
- You understand and evaluate risk factors as they relate to changing requirements.
How you do it
- You coach and mentor your QA colleagues taking special care of their professional development.
- You stay up-to-date with new QA testing tools and strategies, including automated testing.
- You help our agile teams in defining the acceptance criteria and definition of ready for their user stories, and incorporating automated test processes/cycles into each sprint.
- You maintain a strong working relationships through detail-oriented and effective communication.
- You contribute to the overall software quality by ensuring SOLID and testable code.
You will join a newly created QA team coordinating your fellow QA engineers, who will work integrated in their respective agile development teams. Supported by a Scrum Master and Product Owner, our agile teams usually work in 2 week sprints.
What we are looking for
- Minimum of 2 years in a similar role.
- Prior practical experience as a QA Engineer, you are more than just a team Coordinator.
- Strong knowledge of current industry-wide Quality & Test processes and practices, tools and techniques, including experience in automation frameworks.
- Familiarity with Agile framework.
- Previous experience working in T-SQL / C# environments is a real advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, you hold your work to high standards.
- Analytical mind and strong organization and problem-solving skills
- You are willing to Travel to the Frontiers' headquarters in Switzerland occasionally.
- You have good English skills, we are an international company and English is our working language
What we’re offering
- Competitive salary.
- 25 leave days.
- Great work-life balance.
- An office in an awesome location.
- Fresh fruit, snacks and coffee.
- English classes.
- Flexible retribution scheme (nursery cheques, restaurant pass, transportation).
- Team building/sport activities and monthly social events.
- Lots of opportunities to work with exciting technologies and solve challenging problems.
Please submit your application in English (cover letter and resume).
Applicants must be Spanish or EU citizen, or have a valid Spanish work permit.
Agencies must first contact [email protected] and confirm agreement to our T&C’s, failing which any exclusivity and/or candidate representation right will be considered to be waived.