Research Topic Specialist
We are looking for one outgoing candidate with a scientific background in Life Sciences or Health, particularly Physiology, Marine Science, or Ecology and Evolution fields to execute editorial initiatives aimed at journal growth. This full-time positions in our Lausanne office, will provide the successful candidate the opportunity to work in a stimulating, fast-paced work environment with an innovative scholarly publisher.
Collaborating closely with the journal teams, the successful candidate will build close relationships with high-level researchers engaging them to organize editorial projects and supporting the development of their editorial project proposals.
Research Topics are themed article collections encompassing recent advancements on a focused research area, organized by leading researchers (for more information see http://www.frontiersin.org/about/RTGuidelines).
- Reaching out to high level researchers to engage them in discussion regarding potential editorial projects;
- Communicating with researchers via phone and email to explain the Research Topic project;
- Assisting researchers in developing strong Research Topic proposals;
- Representing Frontiers at conferences and events;
- Communicating with Chief Editors regarding the evaluation of Research Topic proposals and communicating any feedback to the proposing editors;
- Reaching targets for the assigned journals.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English;
- An outgoing, collaborative and professional personality;
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced, target-driven environment;
- Higher Education background (Master’s degree or PhD preferred) ;
- Prior experience in academic publishing or content acquisition (preferred).
How to apply
Please submit your application in English. Your application should include:
1. A cover letter and resume (as DOC or PDF);
2. The indication of your earliest availability;