Business Intelligence Developer
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Developer to join our Data Science and Engineering department.
You will be participating in the design, development, and maintenance of enterprise BI solutions as well as providing reports to stakeholders and colleagues in the company.
Your passion for analysing and visualizing data will be critical to your success in helping our team continually deliver new and innovative BI solutions. You must be very proactive with excellent analytical skills in BI solutions, and have the desire and ability to learn and get things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Design, develop, and maintain dashboards, as well as define and implement KPIs based on end-user specifications.
- Extract insights and actionable recommendations with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions for decision making and key strategic initiatives.
- Explore data to find patterns, provide forecasts, and build predictive models for improving business processes.
- Analyse complex data to determine correlation and data integrity issues.
- Work with business users, software and data engineers, and database and system administrators to ensure enterprise BI solutions are reliable, scalable, and flexible.
- Continually evaluate new technologies and keep up-to-date with current technology enhancements to meet current and future business intelligence, reporting, and application development needs.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- University degree in the field of Computer Science or other technical equivalents.
- Good understanding of data science and engineering disciplines and concepts.
- At least two years of experience using data visualisation and reporting tools such as Tableau, SSRS, Power BI, QlikView, or other BI tools (Tableau Preferred).
- Experience in delivering complex reporting and analysis from multiple data sources.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel related to data analysis and manipulation.
- Good technical expertise in T-SQL, OLAP, DMX, MDX, and DAX.
General Skills and Abilities
- Ability to solve problems using a balance of technical competence, creativity, and pragmatism.
- Out-of-the-box thinking and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly detail-oriented emphasising accuracy.
- Well-developed time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team, and effectively collaborate with development, operations, and business teams.
- Highly-motivated, self-directed, and able to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies in small development teams as well as ability to multitask while working independently or on a team with shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Good command of the English language.
Please make sure to send your CV and cover letter in English.