Program Manager - Journal Launch
Frontiers is a leading Open Access Publisher and Open Science Platform. Our journals are led and peer-reviewed by editorial boards of over 100,000 top researchers. Covering more than 600 academic disciplines, we are one of the largest and highest-cited publishers in the world. To date, our freely accessible research articles have received over 500 million views and downloads and 1 million citations. As Frontiers continues to grow, we are committed to maintaining quality at scale in our publication output. To meet this commitment, we are recruiting for our Editorial Office – Launch Team.
For our London Office, we are seeking strong, target-driven and strategic focus
PROGRAM MANAGER – LAUNCH
Reporting to the Publishing Director, the Program Manager – Launch is responsible for the development and launch of new Frontiers titles and sections, and accountable for defining and meeting program targets and objectives. The Program Manager – Launch will lead a team of 25, including 4 managers.
- Inspiring, mentoring and providing guidance to Journal Launch Managers towards top performance, and ensure team performance.
- Defining, implementing and monitoring policies/ procedures to ensure program quality.
- Driving Frontiers’ portfolio expansion through journal/section launches, editor engagement, article collections, informed by competitor and market analysis.
- Representing the interests of the Journal Launch program within the company and provide an effective interface with other departments in addition to bringing strategic value to the program.
- Contributing to developing company-wide strategic plans, policies and new initiatives.
- Overseeing key projects to improve team efficiency, processes and inter-team collaborations
- Defining development requirements with Product Management team.
- At least 4 years of experience working in a scholarly publishing house; preferably with a relevant subject matter focus
- At least 2 years of management experience
- Project and staff management experience is a strong plus
- Initiative taking, dynamic and focused personality
- Preferably a graduate-level degree with a keen interest in dissemination of research
- Flawless communication in written and spoken English
- Adept at digesting large amounts of information, and reacting effectively to urgent situations
- Ability to work independently, be highly organized and meet deadlines
- Sound and mature judgment; decisive and tactful when working with multiple stakeholders
- Technical proficiency, with hands-on skills using current software (specifically MS Excel)
- A working knowledge of common social networks and social media platforms
Applicants must have an existing right to live and work in the EU
Your application should include:
- A cover letter and resume (as DOC or PDF)
- As part of your application, please prepare a maximum of 6 slides that detail your strategic plan for your first 100 days in role. If selected for an interview you will be asked to present your plan in 10 minutes
- The indication of your earliest availability
- Application deadline: June 17, 2019
- 25 days' vacation per year;
- Participation into Frontiers annual bonus scheme;
- Plenty of social & fun benefits, including Christmas party, summer barbecue.