Senior Data Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our Data Architecture and Engineering team.
You will be participating in architecture, governance, and reconciliation of enterprise data assets and technologies, and taking responsibility of several data domain stewardship.
To be successful in the role, you will need to have strong SQL skills, good knowledge of data architecture and modelling, experience of developing data processing pipelines, comfort dealing with complex technical problems, and the desire and ability to learn and get things done in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Get full understanding of end-to-end application design and reflect it in application logical model;
- Responsible for design, approval, and maintenance of conceptual, logical, and physical application data models;
- Data representation in conceptual, logical, and physical application models;
- Align domain data models with enterprise data models and standards;
- Take accountability to ensure that requirements for integration, security, quality, and cross functional usage are addressed within enterprise data architecture scope;
- Optimising physical data models to achieve required application performance;
- Actively participate in the Data Governance program to develop, improve, and maintain best practices, principals, guidelines, and standards of enterprise data modelling to ensure the availability, usability, integrity, and security of the shared/master data assets;
- Provide data architecture/engineering training, coaching, and expert level advise;
- Employ strong engineering mind-set in design and development of automated monitoring, alerting, and self-healing features;
- Work in a collaborative environment—meetings, iterative development, and design and code review sessions;
- Help resolve data issues, troubleshoot system problems, and as needed, assist other staff with reporting, debugging data accuracy issues, and other related functions.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- University degree in the field of Computer Engineering or other technical equivalents.
- Solid understanding and very good data modelling experience of relational, non-relational, and multi-dimensional data models and systems.
- Knowledge and hands on experience with data architecture methodologies and frameworks.
- Strong SQL experience in analysing, transforming, and integrating high volume, complex data sources with considerations for accuracy, efficiency, and performance.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server administration.
- Understanding data governance and master data management principles.
- Knowledge of .Net Framework and experience programming in C# and/or Visual Basic .NET.
- Strong experience with XML, XPath, JSON, and Web API.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure services; Previous experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with Big Data tools and distribution systems, such as Hadoop, Hive, and Spark.
- Familiarity with BI and analytics visualisation tools, such as Power BI and Tableau.
General Skills and Abilities
- Ability to solve problems using a balance of technical competence, creativity, and pragmatism.
- Out-of-the-box thinking and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly detail-oriented emphasising accuracy.
- Well-developed time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team, and effectively collaborate with development, operations, and business teams.
- Highly-motivated, self-directed, and able to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies in small development teams as well as ability to multitask while working independently or on a team with shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Good command of the English language.
Please submit your application in English only.