Journal Insights Manager
We are looking for a Journal Insights Manager,based in our London offices.
Reporting to the Senior Market Intelligence Manager, you will be responsible for making data-driven strategic recommendations and visualizing complex data into actionable business insights to empower business teams in decision-making and help drive our Frontiers business forward. Your work will be used across the company to drive external engagements, business reporting, market intelligence and operational efficiency. As a result, we are looking for someone with exceptional analytical and problem solving skills and someone accustomed to handling large data sets.
We are looking for someone to head up our Journal Insights team that assesses journals with bibliometric analyses, uses statistical tools to uncover patterns, and builds predictive models to inform Frontiers journal performance.
The role will cover the analysis of market developments across all Frontiers portfolios, perform gap analyses and the presentation of the resulting insights to stakeholders and senior management. This is a management position leading a team of 2-4 analysts of varying skill levels. You will be fully responsible for their development, training and support.
Responsibilities of Journal Insights Manager
- Making use of various data sources
- Working across teams to choose and scope analysis
- Overseeing delivery of high quality, accurate dashboards, reports and presentations
- Using a range of third party sources for tracking market developments
- Being main point of contact for colleagues looking for insight on journal developments
- Conducting cohort analyses to match researchers according to their relationship potential
- Conducting insightful and actionable analysis for journal growth and launch opportunities
- Ensuring team has robust tools to collect, store and analyse data
- Strong analysis skills and Advanced Excel
- Exceptional management skills and proven ability to lead a team of varying levels
- Strong stakeholder management
- Ability to pick key insights from data and deliver in a persuasive and influential way
- Knowledge of the publishing industry, especially in regards to editorial and journals strategy
- Strong project management
- 4+ years of experience in a relevant position. Previous experience in academic publishing is an asset
- Experience in bibliometric analyses, strategic planning, and forecasting
- Demonstrated experience problem solving and providing business insights and recommendations from data
- Good oral and written English communication skills, being able to confidently communicate and present data and advise clearly to senior stakeholders
- 25 days' vacation per year
- Participation into Frontiers annual bonus scheme