Data Product Manager
We are looking for a Data Product Manager to complement our product management team and to lead the development of a new data platform.
- Drive prioritisation and delivery of data product functionalities via an Agile development methodology,
- Write, drive, and prioritise detailed specifications for data ingestion and data cleansing with the final use case in mind,
- Become a data product expert across the entire Frontiers platform, enabling other product managers and internal users to leverage the information generated by the ingested data,
- Work with data scientists and data architects to ensure the most appropriate data structures are built and data quality is ensured,
- Take responsibility for the user experience and collaborate with designers and stakeholders to create the best solutions;
- Identify opportunities to improve and accelerate the Frontiers platform,
- Constantly communicate with all stakeholders in the appropriate language and abstraction level,
- Define, track and regularly report on KPI metrics,
- Own the vision of the product, be responsible of the creation and of the follow up of the roadmap.
We seek enthusiastic team players with great initiative and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must be able to handle a fast paced work environment while juggling several different tasks at the same time. Excellent organizational, communications, and multi-tasking skills are musts.
Minimum required skills and qualifications include:
- Strong analytical skills and independent, entrepreneurial approach,
- Five years of working experience, either as a product manager or in product development teams,
- Understanding of web technology, databases and APIs,
- Experience with Agile Methodologies,
- Solid communication skills in English, both written and verbal are an absolute must.
Desirable skills and qualifications:
- Experience with defining technical specifications describing requirements for data transfer, transformation and storage, with attention to big data topics,
- Understanding of data architecture in both structured and unstructured data sources,
- Ability to understand and challenge architectural decisions,
- Experience with a distributed storage and processing framework (Hadoop, or similar).
The working language in our environment is English. We are working for customers around the world and with suppliers in different countries and time zones.
How to apply
Please submit your application in English.
Applicants must be Swiss or EU citizen (from a Schengen country) or have a valid Swiss work permit.