Data Reporting and Analytics Developer
We are looking for a Data Reporting and Analytics Developer to join our Data Science and Engineering department.
You will be participating in the design, development, and maintenance of enterprise BI solutions as well as providing reports to stakeholders and colleagues in the company.
Your passion for analysing and visualizing data will be critical to your success in helping our team continually deliver new and innovative BI solutions. You must be very proactive with excellent analytical skills in BI solutions, and have the desire and ability to learn and get things done in a fast-paced environment.
• Design, develop, and maintain data reports, dashboards, and analytics solutions using Tableau, Excel, and other tools.
• Explore data to find patterns and provide forecasts and translate the results into a highly-visual and easily-digestible format.
• Analyse data to determine correlation and data integrity issues.
• Work with business users, software and data engineers, and database and system administrators to ensure enterprise analytics solutions are reliable, scalable, and flexible.
• Continually evaluate new technologies and keep up-to-date with current technology enhancements to meet current and future business intelligence, reporting, and application development needs.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
• University degree in the field of Computer Science or other technical equivalents.
• Strong experience delivering data reports and analyses from multiple data sources.
• Working experience of data querying in structured and semi-structured data.
• Working experience of dashboard development and data visualisation—Tableau is a must; SSRS, Power BI, QlikView, or other BI tools is a plus.
• Advanced expertise of Microsoft Excel—dashboard development, Power Query, and VBA.
• Familiarity with data visualisations tools, frameworks, and libraries, such as D3.js, Leaflet, and HighCharts—previous experience is a strong plus.
• Familiarity with OLAP, DMX, MDX, and DAX—previous experience is a plus.
General Skills and abilities
• Ability to solve problems using a balance of technical competence, creativity, and pragmatism.
• Out-of-the-box thinking and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Highly detail-oriented emphasising accuracy.
• Well-developed time-management skills.
• Ability to work independently and collaborate with geographically dispersed teams.
• Good command of the English language.