Based in our fast growing London Office, supporting the global business in a new role, we are seeking an enthusiastic and target-oriented Recruitment Assistant.
Reporting to the People Team Manager (Lausanne, CH) and working collaboratively with the HR Generalists, you will work directly with Hiring Managers executing resourcing strategies for a variety of roles across the business, which deliver the right people into the right roles at the right time to enable our continued growth.
What are we looking for?
We expect great things of the person in the role! We would expect the successful candidate to be creative, dynamic, passionate and hard-working. The future development and potential of the role and the team is huge and we’re excited about the career prospects that the role offers.
You need to be creative. The ideal candidate would thrive in a fast-paced environment. We are an ever-changing business that focuses on continuous improvement driven by through data collection and innovative thinking. There are always ways to improve and everyone is encouraged to bring new ideas to the table, recommendations for our current processes, from beginning to end, and suggest areas for improvement.
You need to be organized. There is more work than you can wrap your head around, and events going on every week so do not expect to be tied to a desk. You will need to plan ahead, allocate time, coordinate with multiple teams, track decisions and create reports on a regular basis.
You need to be agile. You have to be able to deal with ambiguity, not always having a clear path forward laid out ahead of you, but keep adapting to keep moving forward towards the goal.
You need to be open to learning new things. Anyone joining this team will find themselves learning so much about how the STEM publishing industry operates, the fascinating technology driven company approach, professional business development and life in general.
More about us:
Frontiers is a leading Open Access Publisher and Open Science Platform with a mission is to revolutionize research communication through innovation in every aspect of peer-reviewed publishing. Our journals are led and peer-reviewed by editorial boards of over 100,000 top researchers. Covering more than 600 academic disciplines, we are one of the largest and highest-cited publishers in the world. To date, our freely accessible research articles have received over 500 million views and downloads and 1 million citations.
- Facilitate the full cycle recruiting process across multiple departments and geographic locations for assigned roles. This includes, but not limited to: Design and post job ads, direct sourcing, coordinate interview scheduling, video interviewing, offers administration and candidate experience from recruitment to hire.
- Identify and maintain active relationships with community-based organizations, colleges & universities, local employment resources, and diverse professional organizations to source and recruit top talent. Develop and maintain a network of contacts to grow the candidate pipeline.
- Leverage and improve the utilization of our Applicant Tracking System (ATS) for all recruitment. Ensures all requisition postings in ATS are accurate and up-to-date.
- Gathers and reports accurate data to include but not limited to; number of job openings, candidate flow, recruitment life-cycle, phone interviews, in-person interviews, and panel interviews.
- Monitors performance of requisition postings, makes recommendations to improve performance of candidate sourcing.
- Help coordinate and deliver university fairs, events, presentations, workshops, career advice sessions and networking initiatives.
- Collaborate and support the other HR teams in strategic projects and planning.
- Promote brand culture, provide complete, accurate information about the company ensuring potential employees are excited about working at Frontiers.
Deadline for applications: Friday 28th June
Estimated start: ASAP
- The ability to work autonomously with a solution-focused mindset, someone who is always ready to roll up their sleeves and go the extra mile.
- This is a junior role so a first experience in a similar position, previous recruitment agency exposure is an advantage.
- Experience of using ATS systems effectively – Workable experience favourable
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to collaborate effectively and build strong relationships with HR Generalist and other key internal stakeholders to ensure knowledge is shared appropriately
- An attention to detail and quality.
- Team-orientated approach with a “global” perspective.
- An enthusiastic, self-motivated, positive and friendly persona.
- A resourceful, hands-on individual with a strong customer service orientation.
- Able to effectively manage time to meet deadlines and resilient to stress.
- A sense of humour to bring perspective and energy to the team.