Journal Development/ Editorial Specialist
We are seeking six Journal Development Specialists for our Lausanne office, ideally with a background in Microbiology, Plant Science, Psychology, Health (ideally Pediatrics, Veterinary Science or Immunology) and Physical Sciences and Engineering (Energy Research / Robotics & AI portfolio). The position will provide the successful candidate with an excellent opportunity to experience a career in scientific publishing with an innovative, technology-driven Open Access publisher.
Reporting to the Journal Manager and working closely with other editorial staff, the position focuses on the operational aspect of journal development. The successful candidate will have direct access to and regularly communicate with leading researchers around the world to ensure efficient journal content acquisition, editorial board management, and participate actively in devising editorial strategies.
- Support the Journal Manager in overseeing the activities of established journals and/or the launch of new journals
- Support building and managing high-profile, academic Editorial Boards
- Communicate with academic editors to ensure the timely and on-target execution of journal content acquisition targets
- Carry out existing editorial strategies and develop new journal initiatives by recognizing various growth and development opportunities
Applicants must have an existing right to live and work in the EU (Schengen area).
Your application should include:
1. A cover letter and resume (as DOC or PDF)
2. The indication of your earliest availability
3. A 300 word summary on the following - "How do you see scientific journal publishing in ten years?”