Commissioning Editorial Specialist - Immunology
We are looking for an outgoing candidate with a background in Immunology (Masters preferred or previous publishing experience), to execute editorial initiatives aimed at journal growth. The successful candidate for this position will communicate with high level researchers over both phone and email, engaging them with our editorial projects, known as Research Topics,and supporting the development of their project proposals. The candidate will work with the journal Frontiers in Immunology.
This full-time position in our Seattle office will provide the successful candidate with a stimulating, fast-paced, start-up style environment within the structure of an established, innovative scholarly publisher.
Research Topics are themed article collections encompassing recent advancements on a focused research area, organized by leading researchers (for more information see http://www.frontiersin.org/about/RTGuidelines).
• Reaching out to high level researchers to engage them in discussion regarding potential editorial projects;
• Communicating with researchers via phone and email to explain the Research Topic project;
• Assisting researchers in developing strong Research Topic proposals;
• Representing Frontiers at conferences and events;
• Communicating with Chief Editors regarding the evaluation of Research Topic proposals and communicating any feedback to the proposing editors;
• Reaching targets for the assigned journals
• Bachelor’s in a scientific domain with 2-3 years of professional experience in research, publishing, communication, customer service, or a related field;
• A Master’s or PhD may substitute for previous work experience;
• Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English;
• An outgoing, collaborative, and professional personality;
• A willingness to work in a fast-paced, target-driven environment;
• Ability to work independently on a variety of projects, both assigned and self-directed.