Journal Development/ Editorial Specialist
We are seeking one experienced Journal Development Specialist for our Lausanne office, ideally with a background in Neurology/Psychiatry. The position will provide the successful candidate with an excellent opportunity to continue their career in scientific publishing with an innovative, technology-driven Open Access publisher. The nature of this position will challenge the usual scope of duties of editorial assistants and we hope to receive applications from individuals who would like to experience working in an efficient 21st century journal development team.
Under the supervision of a Journal Manager and working closely with other editorial staff, the position focuses on the operational aspect of journal management. The successful candidate will have direct access to and regularly communicate with world’s leading researchers and clinicians to ensure efficient journal operations and will participate actively in different editorial strategies.
- Support the Journal Manager in overseeing the activities of established journals and/or the launch of new journals
- Support building and managing high-profile, academic Editorial Boards
- Communicate with academic editors to ensure the timely and on-target execution of journal targets
- Carry out existing editorial strategies and develop new journal initiatives by recognizing various growth and development opportunities
Applicants must have an existing right to live and work in the EU (Schengen area).
Your application should include:
1. A cover letter and resume (as DOC or PDF)
2. The indication of your earliest availability
3. A 300 word summary on the following - "How do you see scientific journal publishing in ten years?”