Commissioning Editorial Specialist
Frontiers is a leading Open Access Publisher with a mission to make all science open. Frontiers is the 4th most-cited publisher and its journals rank among the world’s most-cited in their fields — including top most-cited in neurosciences, microbiology, plant science and psychology.
We are seeking a number of outgoing and target-oriented candidates to work as part of the Research Topics team commissioning new Research Topics for our journals. Defined, managed, and led by renowned researchers, they unite the world’s leading experts around the hottest topics in research, stimulating collaboration and accelerating science. For more information see http://www.frontiersin.org/about/RTGuidelines).
These full-time, permanent positions in our London office will provide the successful candidates the opportunity to work in a stimulating, fast-paced and innovative work environment.
We have openings in the following areas:
- Chemistry and Materials
- Robotics and Energy Research
- Bio Sciences
- Cell and Infection Microbiology
- Data Sciences or computer sciences covering Maths, AI, Big Data, Research Metrics and Analytics
- Social Sciences
What does the role involve:
- Reaching out to high level researchers to engage them in discussion regarding potential Research Topics;
- Communicating with researchers via phone and email to explain the Research Topic projects;
- Representing Frontiers at conferences and science events;
- Assisting researchers in developing strong Research Topic proposals;
- Communicating with Chief Editors regarding the evaluation of Research Topic proposals and communicating any feedback to the proposing editors;
- Reaching growth targets for the assigned journals
What opportunities will you have with us:
- As a Research Topics Specialist, you will learn how to build and manage relationships with high profile researchers;
- You will become familiar with the hottest topics in research;
- You will learn about scholarly publishing in an innovative, fast-paced industry leader;
- You will contribute to making ground-breaking research published and open to read for everybody;
- You will represent the company at various conferences.
Who you are:
- You have a Master’s in a scientific domain with 2-3 years of professional experience after your degree;
- You might have a PhD which may substitute for previous work experience;
- Someone with excellent communication skills in written and spoken English;
- Someone with an outgoing, collaborative and professional personality;
- Someone with a willingness to work in a fast-paced, target-driven environment
- 25 days' vacation per year;
- Participation into Frontiers annual bonus scheme;
- Professional development opportunities;
- Plenty of social & fun benefits, great WeWork office!